Welcome to Paula on Point, and thanks for visiting!
I have mixed feelings about calling this a blog. Why? Well….I have no desire to sell you anything, entice advertisers to clog up the page, or break the ‘most clicks’ record.
I am into sharing my thoughts on topics that resonate with me.
There are things I love, and about which I love to write. Among them are the environment, science, sustainability, ‘green’ stuff, and tales of memorable people, places and life experiences.
And that’s the kind of material I’ll be presenting here as I build this site.
My inspirations are often drawn from the things I’ve experienced or learned in my eclectic life. I am or have been (in no particular order):
- Professional modern dancer
- Ocean and beach freak
- Scientist working in Molecular Diagnostics
- Leader of corporate ‘GREEN’ employee resource groups
- Cat lover
- Natural resources conservation evangelist
- Loyal foot soldier in the fight against Alzheimer’s Disease
- Girl Scout for, like, ten years (OMG!)
- Guest Services Supervisor for a Major League Baseball team
- One of VP Al Gore’s Climate Reality Project leaders
I hope you enjoy my writing; if so please sign up for email notification of new posts. Feel free to share your thoughts – email me at email@example.com or connect with me on LinkedIn. And if our paths cross in the offline world, please introduce yourself!
Scroll down for a partial preview of coming attractions.
What’s ahead for Paula on Point?
In the on-deck circle:
- My dear friend, choreographer and Canadian cultural icon Margie Gillis, creates dance about the environment (among other inspirations). Performing arts and Earth — two of my favorite topics! Looking forward to talking to her about this when she slows down long enough to sit for an interview.
In the hole: